Cancun has premiere shopping plazas and malls in the hotel zone and throughout the city. The shopping malls in the hotel zone offer a variety of American, International and Mexican products and fashions. You will find luxury brands such as Rolex, Gucci and Louis Vuitton as well as Mexican Handcrafts and souvenirs. Enjoy dinning out at one of the many American chain restaurants, gourmet restaurants or sample some local flavor.
Photo from www.laislacancun.com.mx
- Plaza la Isla is a lovely open aired mall on the Nichupte lagoon. With art galleries, boutique stores, restaurants; this mall has everything you would expect from a large shopping mall and more. The only movie theater in the Cancun Hotel Zone is located in Plaza la Isla. This movie theater is the most likely to be showing the latest attractions in English with Spanish subtitles- good to know on a rainy day!
- Plaza Kukulkan is a first class shopping experience featuring fine dining restaurants and an exclusive, boutique mall: Luxury Avenue, which features high end luxury shopping. Every hour on the hour there is a light and sound show in the center of Kukulkan Plaza which showcases a fantastic stained glass dome while introducing visitors to the Mayan god, Kukulkan- the God of Thunder and Wind, along with other important Maya deities. There is also a fabulous family recreation center in Plaza Kukulkan with bowling lanes and video games- a great way to spend the day indoors.
- Plaza Forum by the Sea is located on the beach, in the heart of the Cancun Hotel Zone party center. There you will find, along with many other restaurants and attractions, Hard Rock Cafe, boutique stores and souvenir shops. There is always entertainment brewing at the Forum by the Sea; fire dancers, human statues, break dancers and many other entertainers flock to this mall to the delight of tourists and locals. Take a break from shopping and eating to look out over the ocean or put your toes in the sand in this spectacular mall on the beach.
- There are plenty of other great places to shop in the hotel zone; smaller open air market areas, plazas and stores. Plaza la Fiesta is a great place to find wonderful Mexican curios and souvenirs.
If you feel like venturing out of the hotel zone, there is plenty of shopping to be had in downtown Cancun as well!
- Plaza las Americas and Plaza Malecón are linked by an open air walkway located downtown Cancun between the major avenues of Bonampak and Tulum. Here you will find every store you can imagine and more. This is by far the busiest mall in Cancun. Here you will find a VIP movie theater with sumptuous easy chair style seating, a regular movie theater, Recorcholis video game center and plenty of other entertainment for the whole family.
- Mercado 28 is a traditional market area where locals set up small stands and shops. Customers can barter prices and the atmosphere is lively and reminiscent of larger traditional markets of Mexico. This market area originally sold fruits, vegetables and all manner of household goods, but now caters to tourism and mostly sells silver, Mexican handicrafts, souvenirs and tequila.
- There are many other stores and shopping areas in downtown Cancun; Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, Costco, Paseos Cancun, City Club, Gran Plaza to name just a few, ask your friendly Real Club Cancun concierge for more information.